Eating disorders: Parents and Caregivers Education & Support Group
- Check back in the fall of 2022 for updates on the next meeting! We are taking a break for the summer!
Do you feel alone and under supported while helping your loved one recover from an eating disorder? If so, we would like to welcome you to our monthly parents and caregivers support group.
Facilitated by Registered Dietitian Susan Watson (she/her), this online education and support group will provide guidance to parents and caregivers of their loved one living with an eating disorder. You will be given an opportunity to pre-submit your questions that you would like answered, or simply listen in on the conversation.
Topics that will be covered range from:
- Understanding more about how your loved one is affected by an eating disorder
- How to communicate and show support to your loved one
- Nutrition support strategies
- Meal planning
- Body image
- Media literacy
- Addressing weight & body image concerns
- Relapse prevention
- Addressing exercise and physical activity in recovery
This support group is a safe space to discuss concerns and learn more about how to help your child recover from having an eating disorder.
DATES: Apr. 25, May 30, Jun. 20
TIME: 6:30 -8:00 p.m. CDT
WHERE: Online *link will be provided after you register
COST: $30 +GST per meeting
REGISTER: Call 204-515-7466, email [email protected] or book online >>> https://alittlenutrition.janeapp.com/#/discipline/19/treatment/262
Does Adderall Help With Anxiety?
3 Simple & Healthy Holiday Recipes to Make This Year
5-Minute Cucumber Raita (High Protein!)