I know the holiday season filled with warm spices and gingerbread has passed, but this healthy take on a gingerbread cookie hits the spot all year long! The ingredient list may seem hefty at first, but the molasses and seasonings are what create that signature gingerbread flavor. These cookies are the perfect snack or dessert to cozy up with in the bitter cold of February, or really, any time of year!
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ground ginger until it’s well combined.
- Add in the milk, molasses, maple syrup or agave, coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
- Roll the dough into balls, each containing about 1 tablespoon of dough, and space them evenly on a parchment-lined baking pan. Sprinkle the top of each cookie with cinnamon.
- Bake for 8 -10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to fully cool, and enjoy!
Eating these cookies feels similar to getting a warm hug, something I’m sure we’re all missing right about now. We hope you enjoy this healthier version of a holiday classic!
Contact Jackie Amendola at [email protected].
Diabetes Masterclass |
Dubai Food Journal – My top restaurant reccomendations!
Survey Results: How does climate change effect your health?